Thursday, June 8, 2017

Iris

 When I came home the other day I noticed that another iris has bloomed & this one is my favorite! (so far)...

Actually, this one I discovered at the first house I lived in out in Bamfield & when I moved to another house out there, I took it with me. When I moved to the other side of the island, I brought a few pieces with me & it looks like it rather enjoys where I placed it!



The front flower beds are very dry with sandy soil & are pretty much left on their own. I keep throwing seeds out & planting random drought tolerant plants in the hopes that the beds will start to develop more personality, but with the appearance of this iris (which I believe is called Sultana) I have a greater desire to actually work more with the front beds.

Even with a few rain drops, they are showy and NOT PINK!

















No comments: