Friday, May 26, 2017

Bring on the GREEN

On Tuesday the sod arrived.

Our dry & dusty backyard is now GREEN! And it feels so much more like a garden retreat or paradise!

We now have to water it diligently (which includes watering all my veggie & flower beds too) so that the grass will take & grow.

There are a few cracks that we will fill & rake & I'm going to give the whole lawn a good blast of EM (effective micro-organisms - more on that later) to encourage the soil ecosystem to flourish.

Amazing how the feel of grass on your bare feet is so calming & grounding. One of the first things I do when I come home from work is to take off my shoes & socks & wander around the yard looking at the plants & watching the insects.

We may have started the spring off very cool & gray, but these warm sunny days are helping the plants make up for lost time!

Time to head out for a bit of therapy. Come on over!

No comments: