Saturday, April 29, 2017

Rhododendron Season - 'Viscy'


 I found a replacement to a rhodo I had to leave behind in my old garden - it's not exactly the same, but still stunning & brings a warm feeling with the delicate colour.

This is 'Viscy' - a larger shrub than my dwarfs out in the front. I planted it in the back corner where we just installed our lattice panels and in a few years, it will grow to fill the space & bring a splash of colour.

I do enjoy the evergreen rhodos and am trying to steer away from the harsh reds or the generic purples & pinks. The older rhodos in our gardens are just that and we'll see how they perform over the next few years after being pruned & cleaned up last spring. We had a strange Autumn and half of them bloomed again, so I don't think we'll get much of a bloom this spring from them. I'm glad of this new addition.

No comments: