Monday, August 8, 2016

My Favourite Place

 Right now, my favourite place is this little corner of paradise in our back yard. A lot of it is wild & over-grown, a small bit of it is actually dead, there is still some that is bare and there are surprises popping up all the time...

But what we've planted back here is a joy to the eye & so much fun to see the dog & cat enjoy just as much as we do.

There is a lot of wonderful white (sweet alyssum and feverfew) plus popping purple in the lavender and violas.


The lattice garden is going a bit wild as well... The marigolds finally bloomed and are now being covered by calendula and nasturtium. I'm constantly tying up the sweet peas and weaving the honeysuckle and jasmine through the lattice for future blooms.

What a wild piece of green & fragrant blooms...

One of my favourite things about this garden is that the kitten - Spook - loves to come out with me to explore the plants and search for bugs and hopefully enjoy a newly dug hole in the cool soil. I catch her 'smelling' the flowers every once in a while and if we can't immediately see where she is at, I know she has found a cool piece of soil underneath a plant...

No comments: