Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tis the Season... Almost

~ blueberries ~
 The rains have held off for quite a few weeks, which means the berries are ripening a bit earlier than usual.

The blueberries are coming along nicely & I would actually like to have a bit of rain to plump them up a bit.

At least the deer are no longer munching on the plants & it looks like the pollinators did their jobs well this spring - there are loads of berries on the bushes!
~ wall of marionberries ~



The marionberries are coming along strong as well & I love the look of them rambling up & through the fence with the Sweet Williams growing at their feet.

I'll have to be patient with these berries - at first glance, they look very much like the loganberries - long & red... but the flavour is not like the loganberry & I think if I leave the fruit on the vine a bit longer, it will darken up & the flavour will start to pop... I'll let you know in a week or 2!

No comments: