Saturday, April 25, 2015

Life Becomes More Simple - Finally...

~ drip hose with potatoes & greens ~
This year I've finally installed a drip line in my veggie beds. I picked some up last year, but just didn't find the energy to install it. Took minutes... literally...

So, with the simple aid of a timer for the water flow, I've got the summer drought months taken care of! No more hauling out the hose to spend rushed minutes at the end of the day, covered in swarming-biting insects to water plants that should have been watered in the morning... No more throwing hands up in the air saying 'I just can't grow that' because I chose not to water...

Of course, there is always a bit of fine tuning to be done throughout the growing season, such as: water pressure - too high? too low? One bed requires more water, one bed requires less water. Are the plants at the edges of the bed getting enough water? How much water will I actually be using during those weeks in July & August when we have absolutely no rain & the rain barrels are empty?

I look forward to finding out the answers to all of this!

No comments: