Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Terror(s) in the Yard

~ Percy ~
Our darling ducks are growing still - more into the Terrors of the Yard... It appears we have 4 males & I'm afraid this adventure is going to end in heart-break & full stomachs...

Nothing has been decided!!

This is Percy. My paramour... a daily ritual & training session on how not to abuse my pant leg, my foot & sometimes my hand. I'm covered in bruises from this beasty boy. This is what he looks like when he's coming in for a good tail-wagging, pant leg pulling session.

I just don't know what to do with him! He makes me laugh & he makes me cry, but he's never going to lay eggs & he's much too aggressive to turn your back on him for very long.

Horatio (the white one) understands the concept of a fence. It's meant to protect all the yummy good things on the other side from the ducks. That just means they get crafty & work a bit harder to get what's on the other side...

The twins pay close attention & follow his lead. The boys are very mischievous but I sowed heavily this year & doubt I'll notice too much damage next year when things bounce back from their constant nibbling.

It will be interesting to see how they react once the rainy season starts in earnest & they discover the muddy drainage ditch on the far side of the property... they'll never want to leave it!

No comments: