Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lavender Harvest!

~ Spanish lavender ~
I love lavender! I need more lavender & have some plants in the greenhouse begging me for a raised bed... soon, I keep whispering to them, as I need to whisper to all those poor plants trapped in pots in the greenhouse...

Today I harvested the blooms off my Spanish lavender. I am going to make lavender jelly! Well, not right away...

I clipped the flower stems down to the first set of leaves, boiled a kettle of water & am making an infusion. In the morning I'll strain out the spent blooms & pop the infusion in the freezer til I am ready to make a few batches of wonderful, sparkling, utterly divine jelly... Just imagine fresh-out-of-the-oven lemon scones with lavender jelly dripping off them....

Now to find a lemon scone recipe that is wheat-free!

No comments: