Saturday, March 8, 2014

Plant in Recovery!

~ California Bay ~
Back in the middle of February when we returned from some time away, I had to do some drastic surgery on my California Bay (Holidays will kill your precious plants).

Today, as you can see, the bay is starting to make a fine recovery. Interesting that most of the new growth is from the lowest part of the plant. I'm tempted to cut back the tall bare stems that have little to not growth on them...

But I'll probably wait another month or so for warmer weather & more sunshine. We are under a dark rain cloud right now & I hesitate to do very much gardening for fear of being washed away!

I think I need to utilize more of the fresh bay leaves from this little plant - it has always done well after I cut a few leaves of to use in cooking.

No comments: