Sunday, January 26, 2014

Boozey Rewards from Last Year's Bounty

There's just something about winter sunshine that makes you want to get busy & crafty...

I had 'almost' forgotten about my batch of loganberry wine sitting in the dark corner of the office! Today was a perfect day for siphoning it out into a clean carboy, measuring the specific gravity to find out the alcohol content & let it sit for another few months before bottling.

I'm not 100 percent sure on my measure of alcohol content as the hubby accidentally broke the hydrometer while putting together his batch of home brew beer, but I may have a fruity dry wine with 10 or 11% alcohol.

I'm going to sit back, relax for a moment in this amazing winter sun & drink my glass of home grown-home brewed fruit wine. I won't have a chance to have any again til its aged for a few more months in the bottle. June, maybe...

No comments: