Monday, November 12, 2012

Abundance!

~ fresh picked just hours ago ~
I am simply astounded that I am still harvesting raspberries from the garden this late in the year! They are a little water-logged but check out the size of them! Once they warm up to room temperature, the flavour will knock your socks off - they are much more flavourful than the raspberries I was harvesting this summer & actually, much larger too!

~ fresh raspberries & raspberry-lavender jam ~

 I found enough to fill a sandwich bag - which went into the freezer after a few nibbles - mainly because I just don't know what to do with them today & I don't want to put them in the fridge, or else they will be forgotten & go bad within a day or so.

But it reminded me that I have to start getting my jams & jellies ready for the Christmas Craft Sale that is being held on December 1st at our community school.

This year I made raspberry-lavender jam & I put it into small 'sample' size jars (the 125 ml Bernardin jars) & I have it matched up in a 'hostess gift' set of 3. The other 2 flavours are either: Seville Orange Marmalade & Loganberry Spice jam or Spiced Pear Jelly & Loganberry Spice jam.

Hmmm - now that I'm thinking of all these different flavours of jams & jellies, I am thinking I should have made some raspberry scones & cracked open a few jars & had an afternoon tea!!

No comments: