Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's an Orange Kind of Day

 The husband brought me home a Begonia elator the other day & what a lovely colour! With the skies being mostly gray with spring rains, the orange inside is a nice reminder that it is supposed to be spring.

It also goes quite nicely with the yellow daffodils I have blooming in the planter box just outside & under the window.


Let's see how long I can keep this plant alive...I ruthlessly killed the last plant the husband brought me...

Funnily enough, I have another begonia in the house right now, which is also in bloom & is - yes - orange. This is my 'firecracker' begonia that I've managed to keep for the last few years.

I like that I can get a few branches to bloom this early in the year & hopefully by the end of April or at least mid-May, I'll be able to hang them outside, where they should bloom for the rest of the summer.

I learnt my lesson last year - they require more fertilizer than I would normally think to give a plant - I'm cheap that way...


No comments: