|Seed Order 2012|
Now, this is my 2nd year ordering from West Coast Seeds & I have a lot more than just these packages left from last year. Last year was a bit of a disappointment (disaster) for me, which I'm willing to mark down as part of 'figuring things out'. What did really well was all the different lettuce & greens. So I got lots more!
New Seeds 2012:
* Venture Blue Lake bush beans
* Scarlet Runner beans (Two Wings Farm - purchased as the Seedy Saturday in Qualicum Beach on the weekend)
* Kabocha Buttercup squash
* Sunburst Scallopini summer squash
Greens & Lettuces:
* Tangy Mesclun blend (red & green lettuce, arugula, endive, green onions & upland cress)
* Amish Deer Tongue
* Red Leaf (Een Choi) Amaranth
* Rosemary (yes, I grow rosemary from seed...)
'Something Pretty for the Yard & for the Pollinators':
* Yellow Achillea (Yarrow)
* Bee Balm (Bergamot)
* Osaka Pink flowering Kale
* Free pack of sunflower seeds to promote pollinators (what WCS is promoting this year)
Doesn't seem like a lot - mostly greens, but I have a lot of seeds left over from last year - a lot... I'm going to make my '2012 Plan' in the next few weeks but honestly, it's taking a bit of a backseat in my priority list. I have a few large spring projects that I need to accomplish in the next week - cross your fingers for the continuance of the sunshine & I'll make sure to share with you some of my yard reorganization & new additions.
(hint: think decorative shrubs - already mentioned: rhodos & new additions: fruit trees & reorganization: transplanting ALL the berry shrubs)
ps - the plants in the photo are my scented geraniums that I have over-wintered inside. They have turned into giants, but when I need a pick-me-up, I just brush my hands through the leaves & the whole house smells wonderful! Will be taking some cuttings very shortly, now that I have some soil...