Friday, November 5, 2010

Autumn Flowers Continue Through November

 We had a wonderful sunny day this week - 2 days, actually! I got outside for some much needed garden therapy & stopped to take a look at what's going on in my deck pots. I'm amazed at how well they are doing still, with all the rain & crazy storms we've had so far. We've been lucky not to have a hard frost just yet & the last few storms have blown in from the south bringing warmer winds, so I think the frost is a few more weeks away...

Fushia I overwintered in a hanging basket. Didn't start flowering til late in August, but I certainly appreciate it!
A different variety of fushia in the same basket.
They are like pretty ballerina's when the Autumn sun shines through them.
This is a cutting from a hanging basket & it didn't flower for me this year. I have no idea what it is, but the leaves are quite stunning. Maybe I'll be able to identify it over the winter & have it survive for another season.

The petunias are still going strong - they've out grown their pot & look a bit shabby, but they look like jewels.
These are the first petunias I've grown. Kinda like them & might try them again next year!

No comments: