Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mother Nature Has a Sense of Humour

You cannot take gardening too seriously. 
This is something I'm trying to learn & the lessons are endless & diverse. It's almost a daily ritual for me & gets easier the closer winter comes.

The rains have returned & with that comes many interesting changes in the gardens. One greeted me the other day while out for my walk...


Ok - the rains have caused my yellow zukers to split. Time to harvest...


But a smiley face on my zuker??!! 


I blamed my husband at first for adding the 'eyes' to Mr. Smiley, but I think I've found the culprits...


The Stellar Jays are back in town & these guys are misbehaved, noisy, nosey & mischevious jokers. They taunt us every morning on the deck - digging in my deck boxes I'm sure & hopefully finding those flying termites I saw out the other day...

No comments: